Liberty Building Forensics Group Releases Third Industry Manual in 2010 following Critically Acclaimed Releases in 2003 and 2005.
ORLANDO, Fla., Mar 21, 2008 — With the heralded success of its many publications for the building design and construction industry, Liberty Building Forensics Group has done it again. Liberty Building has been a key contributing author to the new The Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction, and Commissioning published by ASHRAE in 2010. Other publications by the firm principals include Preventing Moisture and Mold Problems in Hot, Humid Climates: Design and Construction Guidelines and the Mold and Moisture Prevention Monograph published by NCARB.
Below is a description of each manual:
The Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction, and Commissioning is a publication intended to assist building professionals in their efforts to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) by providing practical guidance on best practices for IAQ in all phases of building design and construction including those that affect operation and maintenance. Partnering with ASHRAE in the development of this design guide are the AIA (American Institute of Architects), USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council), BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association), SMACNA (Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors of North America), and the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).
• • •
“An alarming number of buildings suffer from moisture and mold problems. No single document can address all the issues related to moisture intrusion and mold growth. However, we believe this monograph addresses a significant proportion of the problems that architects will encounter in the design and construction of a typical commercial building.”
— J. David Odom, as quoted on NCARB.org
- This manual looks at the key issues to help owners, designers and contractors work together to improve decision-making. Design professionals will discover what they need to do in order to develop good building performance.
- The end of the schematic design and design development chapters have sections outlining documents, steps, and criteria that should be completed before the next phase in the process.
- The final design chapter has a peer review section including a checklist to provide designers and builders with independent design reviews and technical guidance to promote technically sound, budget-conscious designs.
• • •
A new set of guidelines for designing and constructing moisture free buildings has been established. The manual provides proven guidelines on specific ways to avoid moisture and mold problems.
Introducing the latest information for designers, contractors, and building owners on today’s key issues. Specific instructions for solutions of:
- Building envelope and rainwater intrusion
- HVAC systems and humidity control
- Moisture and mold
This 100-page manual provides a series of proven guidelines on specific ways to construct building envelopes and HVAC systems to avoid these problems, and was originally developed while the LBFG principals were employed by CH2M Hill and on behalf of the Disney Development Company.